What a feeling in my soul... Love burns brighter than Sunshine

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

New Max Distance!

So, I am keeping track of my workouts on a separate blog, however, I do have to give myself a shout out today.  Amanda and I have been diligent with exercising in the mornings before work.  We do SOMETHING to get our heart rates up every day and do either a run, or a burst work out 3-4 times per week!

This morning, however, Amanda and I ran 5.9 miles in 1:08:04.  Note that there was 250 feet of elevation gain during the first two miles!



First of all, do you know how hard it is to get out of a warm bed at 5:30 AM? Second of all, do you know how hard it is to go running when it is STILL DARK OUT?! Third of all, do you know how much I hate exercising? :)

At any rate, it was a great work out (although a littler slower than Amanda would have liked, because, well, I kind of suck at running).  I feel sore, but awesome! This is, by far, the furthest I have ever run in one work out!

Thank you Amanda for killing me one mile at a time :)

2 comments:

  1. Puh-lease! That's a record before work distance for both of us! And since we are going to do that run (or a similar 6 miler) every other week, we can monitor our progress!! :)
    So fun working out together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo!! I am so proud! and i'm jealous you have a great running partner-- that makes all the difference! keep up the great work ladies. you are inspiring me!!

    ReplyDelete