What a feeling in my soul... Love burns brighter than Sunshine

Monday, January 3, 2011

2011

Here we are, 2011... a new year.  Along with each new year always comes goal setting, otherwise known as "resolutions"... yuk.  I generally don't like to make resolutions, however this year I am going to set some goals for the year ahead.   I feel that this is a very important year for me for some reason... oh yeah, I'M GETTING MARRIED, and I already had all kinds of goals to reach before I walk down the aisle.  I hate to be one of those girls that "loses weight for her wedding" however this weight loss has been a long time coming.... a looooooong time coming.  This weight loss is a lifetime goal, not just a wedding goal.  Instead of just doing some crash diet and gaining all the weight back I have decided it is time for me to get consistent exercise and hone in my eating habits for the years ahead.  I have found that I really struggle with my weight when I am in a relationship, which makes me nervous, as I am about to be married and will be in that relationship for the rest of my life.  So, I am going to FIGURE THIS OUT!!!  First by losing the weight I want to lose, and then figuring out how to keep it off.  Here are my 2011 goals:

1. Consistent Exercise - 4 times a week - full blown work outs.  This will be done during the week with the help of my wonderful coworker and friend, Amanda!  We have already been consistently doing this be it yoga, running, or the newest addition to the work out routine, BURST TRAINING!  Amanda and I generally meet at the job site at 6am (or lunchtime if I oversleep or its pouring down rain) and do a hardcore workout.  If for any reason Amanda and I don't squeeze it in during the week, I am making a commitment to finish it off on either Saturday or Sunday.

2. Speaking of Saturday and Sunday.... I am setting a goal to get some form of exercise over the weekend.  That way I don't come back to my Monday morning work out completely cold.  Whether it be a walk, a bike ride, a run... whatever... I just need to get some form of exercise on the weekends.

3. Eating Habits - This goal has many different parts and pieces.  The first is that I am going to track what I eat.  This will cut down on snacking and all the hidden calories that I tend to forget about.... they add up quickly.  I have set up a second blog in which to do this: Workin' On My Fitness!  This way I can log in at work, at home, on vacation, wherever.  No excuses. Secondly, I am trying to cut my sugar intake down dramatically.  This is a lifetime goal because a. It is the main reason for belly fat, yuk. b. Diabetes runs rampant throughout both sides of my family, no thank you. c. I am pretty sure I am addicted to it.  My current goal is to keep my sugar intake around 15 grams per day.  I haven't decided if that is my lifetime goal yet, but that's what I am working on right now.  So very hard.  My final eating habit goal is sort of work in progress.  I am trying to figure out a way to control my eating over the weekends.  Zach and I love going out to eat, staying in to eat... we basically just love to eat and I find it so hard to control myself over the weekend.  I am basically undoing all the good stuff I do during the week and ended up back at square one on Monday.  This might be okay once I am at a maintaining stage, but for now... its killing me. I'm not sure how to do this, but I think the tracking will help.

4. Weight loss - to reach my lifetime healthy weight by my 26th birthday.  This gives me almost 4 months to lose about 20 pounds.  I CAN TOTALLY DO IT! Of course I want to be a little slimmer for my wedding, but if I can get to my lifetime goal by the end of April, that gives me another 4 months to lose a couple extra pounds, just for fun :)

The reason I am posting this is so that any of you out there who read it (mostly you Amanda) will keep me ACCOUNTABLE!

Here we go 2011!

5 comments:

  1. I have a fabulous suggestion... sign up for a race and train on Saturday or Sunday. :) I know someone that will definitely be running on Saturdays and/or Sundays.... See my goal #2. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Yeah... not sure Im ready for those 12+ milers with you two crazies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep you accountable, too!! I'm going to get back on track with sugar down to 15 grams. gosh its so hard! I just looked at my favorite bread and its 6grams for each slice! YIKES! :) We'll keep each other accountable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps. popcorn is a GREAT snack!! i like tender white and lime and salt by Orville Redenbacher. Its whole grain and no sugar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good Ky! And Im going to the store today to pick up some popcorn!

    ReplyDelete