What a feeling in my soul... Love burns brighter than Sunshine

Thursday, January 13, 2011

My First Race... REGISTERED

So, I signed up for my first race.  It is the Carlsbad 5000, apparently a pretty famous race.  Here is a link to the website: Carlsbad 5000.


Carlsbad 5000
Southern California’s favorite 5k celebrates its 26th birthday on April 3, 2011!
The Carlsbad 5000 features a fast and fun seaside course where 16 world records have been set. Both rookie runners and serious speedsters alike enjoy running or walking in one of seven people’s races. Celebrate after your race with two free beers at the Pizza Port/Imperial Cerveza Beer Garden! At high noon, witness the elite athletes vie for a lucrative prize purse and a new world record.
  • 16 World Records
  • Beer garden & refreshments
  • Fast & fun course
  • Weekend Health & Fitness Expo
  • Awards and merchandise 3 deep in all age divisions
  • Medals to top 250 finishers in each individual run
I will be in the Men and Women under 29 category racing at 11:30 AM.


I haven't officially decided on a goal time, but for right now I am looking at 27 minutes.  I think it is do-able since as it is right now I can pretty much run it in 30 minutes. Here is the course:


As an added bonus, Amanda will be running with me! She is doing what they call the all day 25K challenge which means she will run with each age group, in each race, running a total of 25K throughout the day.  Her last 5K of the day will be with me, then we will head over to the beer garden with our men and celebrate a first for both of us!

Thank you Amanda for pushing me to do this.  I am so excited!

2 comments: